Six tips for trying out fall’s vampy makeup
Curious about fall’s vampy makeup? These darker hues come around every autumn, so it’s good to know just how to wear them so the effect is more It Girl and less Morticia Adams. Follow these tips and you too can look cover-worthy.
1. Start with the right foundation. Dark colors draw attention to your face, and any blemishes on your face will be highlighted. So make sure you work that concealer, and use foundation for a flawless face. Just remember to skip the high SPF for night; it can turn white under a flashbulb, meaning you’ll look extra ghostly in party pictures.
2. Groom your brows and exfoliate your lips. There’s nothing like a daring color choice to make it painfully obvious you’ve been slacking in the grooming department.
3. Choose one feature to highlight. Smoky eyes or dark lips, not both. However…
4. Don’t leave the rest of your face bare. Runway models sometimes sport dark lips and nothing else, but for us mortals, a little mascara and maybe a hint of almost-nude peach or gold shadow along the lash line will give you a bit more life. Stick to barely-visible blush to warm up your cheeks. If you’re sporting dark eyes with nude lips, make sure your lipstick has a warm tone so you don’t look ashy; pinky-nude shades are much more flattering than a straight-up skintone nude.
5. Longwearing makeup is your friend. Dark colors running all over your face? So not chic. Choose longwearing lipstick or blot judiciously. And make sure your eye makeup is waterproof to avoid any Alice Cooper comparisons.
6. Remember, if you’re not comfortable diving into this trend, you can start off slowly with sheer lip gloss or just a wash of dark shadow along the lash line. Progress to smoky eyes or opaque lips from there.
Related posts:Tags: Makeup