As you prepare for prom 2015, keep a few things in mind; prom brings teenagers together so they can celebrate. Don’t get too caught up in picking out a dress that you forget to embrace the experience of prom. After months of anxiously awaiting for the big night, it can be easy to burn out. However here are some tips to help you stay on track for Prom 2015 and make the night unforgettable.
- This year you want to make sure every issue of Teen Vogue is setting on your bed stand. Brush up on all the latest events in order to strike up a great conversation with new friends. Although it’s the end of the year, now is the time to really make connections that will last outside of high-school.
- Reading horoscopes and other fun personality blogs are a great way to grow your confidence when it comes to dealing with new people, and even your current friends. Another great thing about understanding your personality is that it helps with color themes for your prom dress.
- Picking out your dress is last but not least. This is where you want to spend time planning. The more you understand about yourself the better you can find the perfect prom dress. Prom dresses are elegant and sophisticated; you want to add your own special touch to make your dress extra special.
How to customize your prom dress
The biggest fear around prom is that when you arrive another girl will be wearing your dress. The best way to make sure you stand out, regardless of a similar dress in the room, is through accessories. You can add unique designs to any dress with a few simple tricks.
Here are some of the best ways to customize your prom dress on your own.
- Make-up should always be overdone when it comes to prom. You want to treat this night like a wedding or any other special occasion where glitz and glamor are required. You can add a special piece of facial jewelry such as a rhinestone at the corner of the eye, a splash of color in the crease of your eyelids, or just the right amount of glitter to compliment your shoes.
- When it comes time to do your hair, texture and body are going to be your best friend. When researching the perfect hairstyle for prom, you may be overwhelmed between all the up-do’s and model manes, however getting a second opinion is always the best idea. Try on your dress, pick out your clutch, throw on your shoes and take some selfies. Rather than post frantically to Facebook, make an appointment with a couple salons. Most salons have hair discounts for prom and many will refer you to a make-up artist as well.
The final thought for Prom 2015 is to think positive and have a great time. Although the opportunity to dress up comes and goes throughout life, Prom only comes once in a lifetime. Don’t over think it, let the night unfold and create a magical adventure with stories for years to come.
After prom, preserve your dress, create a scrapbook, and then get ready for college! Prom celebrates the end of being a teenager and entering into adulthood.
Sophie White is a fashion blogger based in Australia. Her passion for dresses, hairstyle, and self-expression has inspired her to lead the online marketing campaign for Prom Outfitters,a prom boutique based in Brooklyn, NY.