Winter poses a dilemma for fashion lovers: what can you wear to look cute without freezing? Luckily, there are lots of ways to stay chic and comfy at the same time, without exposing unnecessary flesh to frigid temps. Steal any of these ideas for an instant dose of winter style.
– Use color. How bold you go is depends on your mood. A colorful sweater is an easy pick; colored pants are a bolder choice. You can also add boldly colored jewelry, scarves, shoes, bags, and belts to any outfit even head-to-toe black to make it pop.
– Grab a printed scarf. Not only will it help keep you cozy, a cute scarf is an instant update for your regular jeans and sweater combo. It’s a no-brainer outfit maker on days when you’re rushed and out of inspiration.
– Layer up. Adding tights or leggings and a long-sleeved tee or cardigan is an easy way to make your summer dresses pull double-duty in the winter months. Add a pair of boots and you’re ready to go!
– Wear a statement coat. Celebs know that one of the easiest ways to look stylish in freezing weather is to grab a cool coat. Bright colors make even a grey day more fun, while long military or trench styles feel both feminine and structured while also keeping you covered. (Psst: they’re great for covering up in a skirt or dress!)
– Wear the right shoes. Let’s face it: peep-toes and ballet flats are cute, but they’re not practical in cold, wet weather. Booties are great if you don’t have snow to worry about but just don’t want to wear open shoes (pair them with tights under a skirt). If it’s cold and wet where you live, invest in a great pair of knee-high flat boots. Riding boots are one of the most classic wardrobe items you can own, and they look fab with a pair of tucked-in skinny jeans. Added bonus: you can buy a pair roomy enough to accommodate thick winter socks!